Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"How Are You?"

   
 I am a ticking time bomb, ready at any moment to explode.  Tears of grief, frustration and furry threaten to spill over at the slightest shift of the floodgate.  I am both incredibly sensitive and insensitive.  A constant sadness and ache have, for the foreseeable future, made themselves a comfortable home in my heart.  I am at war within myself, seeking both to draw comfort from God and pull away from Him.  I wish to keep myself busy, distract my mind from the pain, and yet, when I am successful, feel a sensation of guilt because, why should I experience any amount of happiness when there is such sadness surrounding me? 

Every complaint and lament I have ever had seem completely frivolous.  I am so full of a thousand different emotions that I just want to unleash upon the world, and yet, I also want to keep them locked and bottled up inside.  I desperately search for the light at the end of this tunnel and am greeted only with more darkness.  I pray without ceasing because there is nothing else I can do and because, I am afraid that if I stop I won't start again. 

This is the real answer to the question "How are you?"  But, if you ask me, I will probably just say "I'm good.  How are you?"

2 comments:

  1. love you Michelle. If you ever need to talk you know I'm here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ecclesiasties 3:1-8 - There is a time for everything.
    There will be a time to mourn for losing Evie, but in the meantime you should not feel bad resuming life as usual. You should not feel guilty for laughing or looking forward to hanging out with friends or even feeling frustrated with little things in life. There is a time for everything; just because something sad is going on doesn't mean it has to change your world completely. One day at a time. <3

    ReplyDelete