Tuesday, November 20, 2012

God Asked Me Why I'm Crying


God asked me why I’m crying and I told Him this,

You took something away from me that I love and miss,

A little girl so innocent, so sweet, and so pure

Leaving me with pain too difficult to endure.

God asked me once again just why it is I cry.

I told Him because I do not understand the reason why.

To make a family hurt like this just does not seem fair.

Don’t You see us?  Don’t You know?  Do You care?

God asked me why my eyes are full of tears.

I told Him because He robbed the joy of coming years.

All the memories we would have made, time we would run and play

The life she would have had, who she would become, You took it all away. 

God asked me Don’t you know that she is in a better place?

To which I said but all I want is to just hold and kiss her face.

I want to have her here with me to love, snuggle, and dress

And guide her through future years when there are boys to impress.

God said to me But where she is, she will never come to any harm.

She is forever happy and safe, cradled in My arms.

She will not cry or hurt or fear

Her loveliness will remain, no matter what the year.

God asked me why I’m crying and I began to say I wish

And then I realized and said, I cry because I am selfish.

I want her here to be with me

But she is perfect in eternity.

How can I long for her to return

To a place where hurt and sorrow burn?

Why would I ever wish her away

From a life of eternal sunshine and day?

God asked me why I’m crying and I no longer felt so mad.

I said because I miss her and sometimes feel so sad.

But I know that she is happy in a perfect, better place

And I will see her again one day, sweet Evie Caris, life and grace. 

 

1 comment: